Abraham: the 10 good ideas! ..Instead of commandments!
JERRY: "If you were a "burning bush"...and I would like some guidance for my people, do you have "10 commandments" that you would offer?"
ABRAHAM: "We have 10 good ideas....Rather than "commandments", what we would offer are examples, in this case verbal offerings, of that which we have found to be a very good way of life...
So a commandment is what NOT to do.
Rather than tell you what NOT to do, we will tell you what we do." :)
1. Seek joy -- first and foremost.
2. Seek reasons to laugh.
3. Seek reasons to offer words of praise--to self and others.
4. Seek beauty in nature, beasts, and other humans.
5. Seek reasons to love. In every segment of your day--look for something that brings forth within you a feeling of love.
6. Seek that which uplifts you.
7. Seek opportunity to offer that which uplifts another.
8. Seek a feeling of Well-being.
9. Know that your value can only be measured in terms of joy.
10. Acknowledge your absolute freedom to do any of these things or to not do any of these things--for it is, without exception, your choice in every moment of every day
From the book "A New Beginning II"